Monday, November 17, 2014

What's Next?

The obvious question, right? Thankfully this time around I'm not experiencing any post-race blues, having had a spectacular day in Madison! It still makes me all warm and fuzzy thinking about how happy I felt throughout that race. As for what's next, I'm not tackling another BQ attempt until spring (Wisconsin Marathon again!) but that doesn't mean I can't have some fun until that training cycle starts in January. For the most part I'm focusing on running "easy" and getting back to strength training (and possibly a little dancing) from now until the end of the year. However I am registered for the Schaumburg Half Marathon on Thanksgiving weekend, which I'm pretty jazzed about. This will be my fourth year running it and it's become my favorite way to put a cap on the racing season. The course is pretty flat for the most part and it always feels great to put in a fast 13.1 after a lazy, carb-filled Thanksgiving. Right now I've got my eye on running a course PR (1:44:22) and I'm pretty sure even on my post-marathon legs that I can nail that pace. If I feel great I might even go for my half marathon PR and take a stab at a sub-1:42. I probably won't make a decision until race day though. That kind of attitude seems to be working for me lately. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment