Monday, June 22, 2015

Ragnar V and Regrouping


I swore all year this was going to be my last Ragnar Relay. I figured 5 years in a row would be enough right? Jokes were made about my "retirement" and whether or not I would receive a gold watch for my years of service. Dammit, wouldn't it just make sense that I would have my most favorite Ragnar experience of the five? And in that post-race beer-filled glow on Montrose Beach in Chicago I found myself committing to Ragnar 2016.

RAGNAR, I CAN'T QUIT YOU.


What a bunch of weirdos.


Riding the deer at Deerfield Lutheran Church. It's a thing we do.

This past week I took it easy on running (due to the expected #ragnover) but I kicked my strength training back into gear. Man I've missed my kettlebells! I feel great- and oh so sore- and excited to build some strength again for a few weeks while I'm not running so many damn miles. Except for the part where I'm running the Dances with Dirt 50K in three weeks. GAH. I know I'll get through it but it really doesn't fit into my training at all right now. Still, I feel like I need to get out on the trails for a good, long, ridiculous run that doesn't have anything to do with pace or goals or Boston or stuff like that. I suppose I could do that with fewer than 31 miles? Whoops I'm already signed up! It will all work out. Shhhhhhh.

Oh hi. I've missed you.

After I build my strength training base again and get this 50K under my belt then it's time to buckle down and focus on bettering my BQ time at Lakefront Marathon in October. There's no way I'm not going to try to build on that 3:39 and get my ass to the actual race for 2017. 

Project BQ Harder bitches! Let's go!





No comments:

Post a Comment